Wednesday, May 25, 2011

God's Promises

I have been trying to be more mindful of who God is the last couple of days.

A good friend reminded me the other day that my perception of God in my mind is not really who God is.  This is a true piece of wisdom to keep in mind.

The grief is there, but it warps out of focus lately when I start to think God is not there, God did this, God does not love me.

This is my perception, and not the reality.

God does love me, He does answer prayer, He is there.

This is hard to see sometimes.

But as so many remind me, Jesus never promised there would be no suffering.

In fact, just the opposite.

Jesus said we would experience suffering, and that we would experience more as believers.

He also said He is the way, the truth and the life, and if we believe in Him, we will not die, but live forever.

So...(1) suffering; and (2) heaven.

I will take the suffering if I can get to the heaven part.

But, please, God, let me have some living children before I get to the heaven part.

Amen, amen, please God, amen.

Love you Georgie. Miss you more than life. Love you, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment