Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hairy Quatter

I thought that post title might get some of you.

For those of you who don't know, Dave and I have two sweet doggies as part of our family.


Quatro is on the left, the black and white one. He is a Havanese that my family gave me nearly 5 years ago. He is quite a well-traveled doggie. He has lived in Oklahoma, Wash, D.C., Hawaii, now Colorado and soon back to Oklahoma. He knew Georgie very well, once getting kicked by her so hard he hopped off the couch in surprise. He also would not leave my side the entire day she died, trailing me around the house so much so that I remember commenting about it to Dave. He knew. He has known since, and has been even sweeter than he ever has been, which is hard to do.

Our little (now 50 lbs, not so little I guess) goldendoodle is Bingley. He has a lot of connection to Georgie. God gave us both him and Georgiana last July. They also both get their names from Pride and Prejudice, my husband's (yes, my husband's) favorite book. Bingley is just like his namesake, sweet and cheery.

More on Bingley in a later post.

On to the story for today and the title of this post. Dave and I were in bed talking this morning about the final upcoming Harry Potter movie, which I am actually excited about.

Dave pets Quatro and says, "Maybe we should call him Hairy Quatter." Quatro, you see, has many nicknames: Quatter, Quatty, Quatty-bear, Quatty-pig, it goes on and on...we're silly people.

I laugh a little in response.

Dave just keeps on going.

"Hairy Quatter and the Sorcerer's Bone."

"Hairy Quatter and the Chamber of Treats."

"Hairy Quatter and the Half-Poodle Prince." (reference to Bingley, who is half Golden/half Poodle)

"Hairy Quatter and the Doggley Hallows."

"Hairy Quatter and the Order of the Kleenex." (Quatro has an obsession with Kleenex and likes to run under the bed with them to his "cave of treasures," as we call it)

I don't know why, but by the end of this I was laughing so hard I was wheezing. You know, that kind of laughing where you're laughing so hard you're not even making a sound? Other than my daily soul-crushing open my eyes moment, it was a great way to start the morning.

I have a funny husband. Even funnier doggies. A good family. I am thankful for these moments, and thankful that I still have the capacity to laugh like this, even after all the awfulness we've been dealt.

Love and hugs to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Katie! You have me over here cracking up! I also love Harry Potter and cant wait for the movie to come out next week! I LOVE those book titles your hubby came up with! Hilarious!!

    My little Weimaraner puppy Cam is obsessed with Kleenex too. Like she will literally snack it out of your hand as you try to blow your nose- crazy dog!!!

    Glad you had a laugh today!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete