Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Two years

Two years ago today, we lost our sweet Georgie.

Last year, I felt overwhelming fear and panic. I was so convinced something else terrible was going to happen to us, to Davey who was 7 months in the womb.

This year, I feel heavy, sluggish in my grief. I feel the weight of it, but not so much the gripping fear. I've felt so tired from feeling so sad about it all. I think a baby in the grave, baby in my arms and baby in my belly is just too much this year, and my heart has just gone into numb mode. I feel the grief, though, because all I've wanted to do is sleep or sit in the shower and cry. Fortunately, having an almost 10 month old means neither is much of an option right now.

So for today, help me remember our sweet G and light a candle for her second birthday with us tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely. Remembering your sweet G with you. Lighting a candle in her honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remembering your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course we will remember Georgie. With lots of love. Forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday sweet girl <3 Remembering her with you always <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lit a candle for Georgie. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet baby girl...so loved!

    Grief is exhausting. I'm certain you are a great mom to all 3 of your babies. Tender thoughts for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grief is such a monster. It steals joy and energy. I know that I have a hard time not going into numb mode sometimes, myself. There are definitely times I'd rather just sit in the shower and cry, or just cover my head and sleep.

    I've been thinking of you. Had little Georgie on my mind too. Remembering her. Missing her with you.

    Happy birthday, sweet girl.

    (Sorry I'm a bit late in posting)

    ReplyDelete