Sunday, July 7, 2013

Taking the Plunge

By this time tomorrow, hopefully I will be holding my third child, my second little girl.

A lot of things have happened this past week. We were originally due July 26, with a scheduled c-section for July 16. When I visited the high risk doc for my last U/S this past Monday, he told me my amniotic fluid was too low and that I needed to deliver as soon as I reached term.

So we have a c-section scheduled for 9 am tomorrow. I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm hopeful. I'm afraid.

We had a good NST today. I'd like to say that reassures me, but I have learned from experience that there's no reassurance until the baby is safely breathing in your arms. Even then, it's a little shaky. The death of one of your children just inevitably changes your view on how fragile life truly is.

I have a completed nursery, a nursery for a girl. I used a few items from G's nursery, and it makes me more happy than pained to look at it. I get momentary catches of panic when I think of the possibility that I'll have to put things away without a baby here. For the first time in two years, I opened the pink tupperware containers that contained my beautiful Georgie's clothes. I washed them, carefully, and they are folded in drawers waiting for a little girl that I pray to God we have the chance to meet.

Please pray, friends. I know that chances are in our favor, but it's hard to feel that when you've known such tragedy. We'll update you all tomorrow!

I never had a chance to post about Davey's first birthday. Here's a pic I just love from the party (I look very large and PG, but my hair is really shiny due to those awesome pregnancy hormones!! Dave looks almost delirious. It was a good day :)


6 comments:

  1. oh Katie - so exciting. I know so scary and nerve racking too. But so, so wonderfully exciting. Wishing you all the very best. Do update us soon. You know how we all worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is soooo thrilling. Yep, scary. I get it. So close, yet the possibilities are endless. Hoping and wishing you will be holding your second daughter in your arms tomorrow morning.

    Will be on pins and needles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best as you meet your second daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet she is beautiful like her brother & sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending lots of love your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just now reading this and I know that she's here! What a blessing!

    I can't wait to see more pictures of your newest beautiful girl! Hoping she and her mama are doing great!

    ReplyDelete